Rabbit Mountain has become my default hiking location. If I don’t have time to drive up into the mountains, then I go to the foothills to Rabbit Mountain where I can still get a leg-burner of a hike in a short period of time. This morning, I got up early so I could be on the trail by seven-thirty. I usually hike the the Eagle Wind Trail, a lovely four mile lollipop loop route that is mostly flat but includes a modest elevation gain of about 470 feet. It’s a wonderful place for an easy workout and beautiful views.
- Land’s End Color Study
- When I made these photographs of the coastline at Land’s End, I wasn’t entirely aware that I was capturing such a lovely and unique palette of colors.
- An Explosion of Wildflowers
- The 4th of July weekend caught me by surprise. Where the hell did June go? A whole month—gone in the blink of an eye. And one of my favorite months of the year, no less! This is not excellent.
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- A few days ago, I decided I need a weekend away. The dismal Chicago weather was getting to me as to so often does these days. So I headed south to St. Louis and by Saturday morning found myself at the Missouri Botanical Garden.